Dive using SCUBA in various configurations, tend, supervise, keep log records of dives, operate radios (through water), and operate decompression chambers. Instruction using SCUBA diving to perform commercial diving work underwater by successfully completing a series of in-water projects.
- Describe commercial diving applications of SCUBA diving and the precautions and limitations of SCUBA in commercial diving applications.
- List the minimum equipment needed for conducting commercial SCUBA dives.
- Calculate the duration of SCUBA cylinders and make determinations for size and capacity needed for specific dive profiles.
- Select the proper no-decompression table for SCUBA operations and calculate repetitive dives.
- Explain the concepts and applications for Nitrogen-Oxygen (Nitrox) diving and selection of decompression tables.
- Demonstrate the ability to dive in SCUBA using a full face mask and in-water communications
- Describe the basic SCUBA emergency procedures: loss of air, buddy breathing, rescues, entanglements, lost diver, and thermal issues.
- Explain the use of computers in commercial SCUBA diving
- Explain the various inland diving jobs: inspections, searches, lift bag safety in SCUBA, dams, river current dives, and contaminated diving.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform pre-dive and post-dive maintenance checks; and to properly fill SCUBA and bailout cylinders.
- Demonstrate the ability to tear down and rebuild a SCUBA regulator and full face mask; and to properly set up and adjust the regulator for diving.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.