Students will analyze and perform Red vs. Blue Team objective-based cyber operations as an active approach to establish a defensive posture improvement. The basic idea of Red vs. Blue team countermeasures is simple war gaming. A virtual enterprise computer infrastructure is established and the Red Team will attack the infrastructure, whereas, the opposing Blue Team will defend against the attack. This level of risk management has been actively deployed in both government and industry. This exercise prepares the student for the final team project in MS CSIA course CYB699.
- Compare and contrast Red vs. Blue Team concepts and usage.
- Produce a Red Team Penetration Test strategy to complete objectives against a Blue Team.
- Prepare and synthesize those results of the Red Team actions against the Blue Team.
- Construct the defensive measures implemented by the Blue Team to defend against penetration attack by the Red Team.
- Prepare and condense results of the Blue Team defense procedures against the Red Team actions.
- Prepare and develop procedural improvements devised as defensive measures based on both Red vs. Blue Team results.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Engineering and Computing
“The School of Engineering and Computing fosters student creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship in classes taught by subject matter experts who actively practice what they teach.”School of Engineering and Computing