Introduction to programming concepts in an integrated computing environment. It also examines contemporary programming design techniques including event-oriented approaches. Develop applications using Microsoft Visual Basic in a graphical user interface (GUI) environment.
- Develop simple business applications in Visual Basic.NET.
- Understand Program logic, business rules, algorithms.
- Understand Variables: types, scope, structures.
- Understand Boolean logic and conditional and loop statements.
- Explain the disciplines in the Extended Unified Process (object-oriented software development methodology).
- Use the Unified Modeling Language for program design
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Engineering and Computing
“The School of Engineering and Computing fosters student creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship in classes taught by subject matter experts who actively practice what they teach.”School of Engineering and Computing