Introduction to low risk medical devices and instrumentation. Devices such as electronic thermometers, surgical microscopes, ultrasonic nebulizers and sphygmomanometers will be studied. Topics include biosignals acquisition, processing, and filtering; design of devices; embedded design and implementation; and testing and calibration of devices.
- Understand professional terminologies in the design, implementation, and optimal classification and application of medical devices.
- Make appropriate decisions in selection and provide adequate interface to all users of medical devices per patient and practitioner in healthcare settings.
- Assess human–device interactions for efficient design, use and optimal performance, Interpret and integrate emerging innovative strategies for prognosis and therapeutic interventions and assessments in use of medical devices.
- Develop the concept of team work and knowledge sharing through group project implementation and presentations.
- Provide critical problem-solving known-how to assimilate relevant ethical issues for all users of medical devices
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Engineering and Computing
“The School of Engineering and Computing fosters student creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship in classes taught by subject matter experts who actively practice what they teach.”School of Engineering and Computing