This program is not accepting applications at this time.
The Preliminary Education Specialist Authorization Teaching Credential is designed to address both the education-specialist standards and the program-specific standards, including the teacher performance expectations and California standards for the teaching profession.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Integrate professional, legal, and ethical practices when instructing students with disabilities.
- Teach students who are diverse learners, including those who are English language learners.
- Communicate effective case management and collaborative practices with parents, professionals, and other stakeholders in order to facilitate access to the core curriculum for students with disabilities.
- Assess students using a variety of standardized and non-standardized assessments in order to make appropriate educational decisions for students with disabilities
- Develop evidence-based curriculum and instruction including the use of educational and assistive technology to provide access to the core standards for students with disabilities.
- Transition students between educational environments and programs into successful post-school experiences.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.