Overview of marketing in the entertainment industry, including analysis of studio blockbusters, independent films, network and syndicated Television, Internet, Transmedia and documentaries.
- Evaluate the intent, resources, creativity and impact of marketing campaigns in movies, TV shows, transmedia products and documentaries.
- Analyze constructs from the marketing of various media, as a tool to develop new campaigns for a show, program or franchise.
- Evaluate the roles of publicity, promotion and advertising in marketing media products.
- Create a proposal for a campaign that applies the elements of marketing to the sale, distribution and exploitation of a movie (script/finished film), TV show, transmedia product/franchise and/or documentary.
- Incorporate constructive criticism in the revision of the marketing campaign project for multiple platforms.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Professional Studies
“Our faculty members have years of experience in their fields. That practitioner insight brings their course material to life and gives students tools and expertise they can put into practice right away.”School of Professional Studies