Accumulate credits toward a college degree or meet continuing education requirements with Extended Learning Courses. Hone skills that increase your value and help you remain professionally relevant in an increasingly competitive workplace.
The Division of Extended Learning at National University offers a range of personal, professional, and academic learning opportunities by proving innovative and relevant programs in an evolving global environment. Whether you’re looking to develop personally or professionally, Extended Learning programs can help propel you to meet your goals.
Choose from our departments below
- Agile Project Management
- Project Management
- Project Management Exams Prep
- Project Management for Information Technology
- Arts and Design
- Computer Applications
- Computer Programming
- Construction and Trades
- Health and Fitness
- Information Technology
- Education Foundation Leadership Certificate
- Emergency Management
- Nonprofit Management
- Sustainable Management
- CSET Preparation Courses
- US Constitution and Reading Instruction Competence Assessment (RICA) Test Preparation Courses
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder: Information and Interventions for Effective Teaching
- Autism & Asperger's Disorder: Information & Effective Intervention Strategies
- Behavior is Language
- Child Abuse: Working with Abused & Neglected Children
- Drugs & Alcohol in Schools: Understanding Substance Use & Abuse
- Harassment, Bullying & Cyber-Intimidation in Schools
- Response to Intervention: Practical Information for the Classroom Teacher
- Traumatized Child: The Effects of Stress, Trauma & Violence on Student Learning
- Understanding Aggression: Coping with Aggressive Behavior in the Classroom
- Why DI?: An Introduction to Differentiated Instruction
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Certificate
- Corporations Specialization
- Criminal Law Specialization
- Litigation Specialization
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 170,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Division of Extended Learning
“Through the Extended Learning programs, our students hone skills that make them more valuable in a competitive workplace and professionally relevant.”