Dr. Ana Maria Barral
Ana Maria Barral is an Associate Professor at the Department of Math & Natural Sciences, National University (California). Her research focuses on Science Education, particularly through the incorporation of active learning approaches and course-based undergraduate research into the curriculum. Her proposal to develop and implement a CURE on studying the microbes attaching to floating plastic in coastal waters received a NSF grant in 2018.
- American Society For Molecular Biology and Biochemistry
- American Society for Microbiology
- American Association for Advancement of Science
|Poster||2016-04-04||Active learning in a flipped classroom: implementation and assessment||ASBMB 2016 Meeting||San Diego, CA|
|Poster||2016-04-03||Small World Initiative: crowdsourcing research of new antibiotics to enhance undergraduate biology teaching||2016 ASBMB conference||San Diego, CA|
|Poster||2015-02-14||The Genomics Education Partnership Provides Undergraduate Research Using Bioinformatics||American Association for Advancement of Science annual meeting||San Jose, CA|
|Poster||2014-05-01||Undergraduate Research Course within a Pre-allied Health Microbiology Course: Design and Preliminary Results||Danvers, MA|
|Conference||2014-04-01||Small World Initiative: crowdsourcing research of new antibiotics to enhance undergraduate biology teaching (618.41)||San Diego, CA|
|Poster||2014-04-01||Genomics Education Partnership: a research-based approach to undergraduate teaching utilizing a centralized support system (618.39)||San Diego, CA|
- Barral, A.B., Barral, A.M., Ardi, V., Simmons, R.E.. (2018). Accelerated Introductory Biology Course is Significantly Enhanced by a Flipped Learning Environment.. CBE Life Sciences Education,
- Barral, A.B., Ana Maria Barral, Rachel Simmons, Denise Tolbert. (2016). Course Redesign of Online Non-Majors Biology: Analysis of Effects. Journal of Research in Innovative Teaching,
- Barral, A.B., Coppetiers, A., Barral A.M., Juedes, A., Wolfe, T., Rodrigo, E., Thery, C., Amigorena, S. And M.. (2009). No significant CTL cross-priming by exosomes during murine lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus infection.. Journal of Immunology,
- Barral, A.B., Söderberg, A., Barral, A.M., Söderström, M., Sander, B. And A. Rosén. (2007). Redox-signaling transmitted in trans to neighboring cells by melanoma-derived TNF-containing exosomes.. Free Radical Biology and Medicine,
- Barral, A.B., Barral, A.M., Thomas, H., Darwiche, R., Rodrigo, E., Christen, U., Ejrnaes, M. Wolfe, T., Kay, T.. (2006). Cytokine protection in diabetes through Suppressor of Cytokine Signaling (SOCS)-1..
- Barral, A.B., Rhode, A., Pauza, M.E., Barral, A.M., Rodrigo, E., Oldstone, M.B.A. And M. Von Herrath.. (2005). Islet-specific expression of CXCL10 causes spontaneous islet infiltration and accelerates diabetes development.. Journal of Immunology,
- Barral, A.B., Barral, A.M. And M. Von Herrath. (2005). Exosomes: specific intercellular nano-shuttles?. Current Immunology Reviews,
- Barral, A.B., Barral, A.M., R. Källström, B. Sander, And A. Rosén.. (2000). Thioredoxin, thioredoxin reductase and TNF- _expressed in melanoma cells: correlation to resistance against cytotoxic attack. Melanoma Res,
- Barral, A.B., Sahaf, B., A. Soderberg, G. Spyrou, A. M. Barral, K. Pekkari, A. Holmgren, And A. Rosen.. (1997). Thioredoxin expression and localization in human cell lines: detection of full-length and truncated species.. Exp Cell Research,
- Barral, A.B., Barral, A. M., A. Fernandez, M. E. Faxas, X. Perez, C. A. Garcia, And A. Rosen.. (1997). Cell-cell adherence as a selection method for the generation of anti-melanoma monoclonal antibodies. Journal of Immunological Methods,
- Barral, A.B., Yamazaki Y, Kohno K, Yasui H, Kiso Y, Neuteboom S, Barral Am, Potts B, Lloyd Gk, Hayashi Y. (2009). Synthesis of biotin-tagged diketopiperazine-based anti-microtubule agents and tubulin photoaffinity labeling. Adv. Exp. Med. Biol.