If you’re interested in pursuing a career in law, earn an Associate of Science in Paralegal Studies degree. Working as a paralegal will allow you to work in the profession for a few years to gain experience and begin your path toward continued law education. In National University’s paralegal associate’s degree program, you’ll learn how to dig deep into the facts of cases, research laws and regulations, prepare legal memoranda, arrange evidence and documents for attorneys, and much more.
Paralegals are highly capable legal professionals, and although they do many things attorneys do, their services are less expensive so more and more firms are using them to keep costs down. As a paralegal, you’ll be recognized as an important member of a powerful legal team.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Describe the role of the paralegal in the American legal system.
- Analyze the basic issues of a legal problem.
- Develop paralegal skills in investigation, legal research, and client and witness interviews.
- Identify common paralegal tasks in substantive areas of the law.
- Develop written and oral communication skills in a legal environment.
- Explain how ethical standards generally apply to paralegals in the practice of law.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.