Prepare to tackle the challenges of a career as a security analyst, computer network defender, or computer incident responder with the Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity. The need for cybersecurity expertise continues to grow, and this program will prepare you to seek entry into the field with confidence. It starts with a comprehensive understanding of information technology management concepts and fundamental security processes.
Once you complete the core cybersecurity classes, you’ll have the opportunity to take a four-class concentration in either Computer Network Defense or Digital Forensics.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Analyze a problem and design the cybersecurity measures appropriate to its solution.
- Apply concepts of best practices in cybersecurity management to enterprise processes.
- Describe the ethical challenges that confront a cybersecurity professional.
- Apply security control principles in the construction of cybersecurity solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to securely administer a Windows and Linux system using security automation tools and techniques.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the fundamental concepts of operating systems, networks, and cloud computing.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.