Learn what it takes to protect and improve the health of individuals and communities by earning a Bachelor of Science in Public Health (BSPH). Students in this program will learn how to apply knowledge and skills relating to the interactions and inter-dependencies of health behavior, the physical and social environment, and public policy to affect health at local, state, national, and international levels.
The program is designed to prepare entry-level public health professionals to begin careers in a variety of health agencies: governmental health agencies, voluntary health agencies, community based/non-governmental agencies, medical care services, education agencies, and business and industry. Graduates of the program will be eligible to sit for the Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES) exam through the National Commission on Health Education Credentialing Inc.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Explain the core principles of public health and their relationship to the health status of groups, communities, and populations at the local, state, national, and international levels.
- Describe behavioral and non-behavioral variables contributing to morbidity and mortality.
- Describe the contributions of health disparities to morbidity and mortality among specific groups, communities, and societies.
- Assess the need for health promotion programs in response to the characteristics of diverse communities of interest using primary and secondary data.
- Choose appropriate strategies and tactics to influence behavioral, environmental, and public policy change to address the health needs in a given community.
- Evaluate the progress and outcomes of prevention programs in meeting stated goals and objectives and established standards.
Meet Our Faculty
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.