Minor in Economics
Minor in Economics
The Minor in Economics is designed for students with no background in economics. You’ll will learn how a society makes economic decisions in allocating its scarce resources. You will also learn how individuals, businesses and the government work together towards achieving the goals of a society. The minor consists of courses which are applied in nature so that students with a diverse background may find it beneficial. With a background in economics, you may find a wide array of employment opportunities in local, state, and federal government, in private sector, and in international organizations. The minor will also help you succeed in graduate studies in all business disciplines including finance, management, and marketing, and will help those willing to pursue law degree or other professional training.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Apply ethical and legal principles to business environment.
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge in the areas of business math, economics, accounting, finance, and operations management needed to make sound business decisions.
- Apply knowledge in the fields of management, business knowledge management, and marketing to different business environments.
- Integrate the knowledge acquired in the program to analyze a business, identify its strengths and weaknesses, and determine what changes can be made for improvement.
- Develop a global business perspective based on the knowledge of foreign business environments and cultures.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.