Prepare for a career in the legal profession by developing important verbal and analytical skills and expanding your ability for critical thinking. The Bachelor of Arts in Pre-Law Studies provides you with a solid foundation in legal studies and concepts needed to seek entry into law school. If you’re uncertain if law school is the next step, this program will not only help you decide, but will also provide you with a basic understanding of the complex legal issues you will face if you choose to pursue a career in business or government.
In the pre-law degree program, you’ll master strong written, oral communication, and presentation skills used in law, and learn techniques for effective planning in preparation for the negotiation process. You’ll also learn to develop strong, comprehensive, and concise legal arguments.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Develop legal and critical-thinking skills in judicial issues.
- Describe, analyze, and anticipate legal issues in a business environment.
- Analyze contemporary legal issues in the state, federal, and administrative law forums.
- Analyze issues by application of relevant rules of law, ethical standards, and social mores.
- Develop concise legal arguments.
- Describe need for effective planning in preparation for the negotiation process.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.