Special Education Capstone Project
Apply knowledge, skills, and dispositions to complete a culminating project. Candidates will identify a topic of interest in their classroom, school, or district; conduct a review of the literature on the topic of their choice; and design a process to gather information on the topic. Grading is H, S, or U only. Course is eligible for In Progress (IP) grade.
- Critically evaluate published qualitative and quantitative research studies.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify an appropriate research design for a particular research problem and know strengths and weakness of research designs.
- Evaluate if there is evidence-based support for a particular teaching or intervention strategy.
- Explain the difference between qualitative, quantitative, and action research and when each type is appropriate.
- Describe the ethical considerations and appropriate precautions involved with research on human subjects including the NU policy on research involving human subjects, the need for informed consent, student assent, and Institutional review Board approval.
- Demonstrate knowledge of validity and reliability, how each are established, and what elements cause a threat to either.
- Demonstrate knowledge of various methods to collect data.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.