Extensive instruction in the theory and practicum of topside and underwater survey inspections using the magnetic particle process and topside inspection using the dye penetrate process. Gain knowledge in the process of identifying, evaluating, and categorizing discontinuities with respect to their acceptance or rejection in accordance with industry codes and standards.
- Describe the steel manufacturing and welding processes and the discontinuities associated with them.
- Describe the responsibilities, documents, and tools of welding inspectors.
- Discuss the six most common NDT methods and ASNT requirements for qualification and certification.
- Discuss the theory of magnetization used in the NDT industry.
- Calculate the current requirements for the different magnetic fields.
- Operate the different types of magnetic particle testing equipment and explain their advantages and disadvantages.
- Describe and compare the various dye Penetrant testing techniques and their advantages and disadvantages
- Describe and perform the basic steps of the dye Penetrant testing.
- Evaluate test specimens using magnetic particle and dye penetrate testing in accordance with various industry codes.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
Online or On-site
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn on-site at locations across California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.