ITM230 Computer Network Overview
Lead Faculty: Dr. Debra A. Bowen
Course DescriptionThis course emphasizes network and security concepts, standards, and implementation. It provides students with an understanding of network and security management and emerging network technologies. Topics include network standards, network security, standards layers, common protocols, 802.3, 802.11, and Wi-Fi standards, TCP/IP architecture, and networked applications.
- Explain the basics of network and security management.
- Differentiate between network devices and their functions.
- Describe the standards layers and their role in networking.
- Explain common protocols and standards used in networking.
- Apply networking technology concepts within student projects.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic network security concepts.