Specialization in US Education in a Global Context
Lead Faculty: Dr. Peter I. Serdyukov
Courses are offered as a Specialization through the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) Program and are designed for K-12 teachers. With a focus on global education, content offered in this program will provide educators with advanced views on US school practices based on comparative analysis of international educational systems. Students will gain knowledge of issues affecting education and innovative approaches in teaching and learning that will be applied in contemporary school environments.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Analyze the interdependence among socio-economic, political, geographic and technological factors at both national and global levels and their impact on education and educational systems.
- Analyze the ways in which cultural, religious and linguistic factors affect countries’ choices of educational systems and educational priorities.
- Evaluate various international educational theories and practices using research and personal experiences in order to make improvements to current school environments.
- Implement new knowledge of innovative international educational systems, educational theories and practices into practical recommendations for improving teaching and learning in US schools.
- Design effective organizational, technological or instructional applications to address challenges in the US professional educational environment.