CJA622 Professional Ethics in CJ
Lead Faculty: Dr. Ponzio Oliverio
A study of ethical, legal, professional controversies, personal dilemmas and approaches to solving those conflicts. Using a case study format, students evaluate personal values or biases and the abuse of power and authority. The course also examines police or justice practices involving cases of ethical or police policy violations.
- Evaluate ethical decisions within the criminal justice system.
- Appraise the strategies and plan of action for carrying out the obligations and duties of criminal justice organizations.
- Analyze which behaviors within the criminal justice system could be criminal.
- Assess how the police should enforce the law.
- Appraise correctional practices when dealing with incarcerated offenders.
- Formulate a plan on what the consequences should be for unethical behavior.