SCR668 Introduction To Transmedia
Lead Faculty: Ms. Bettina Moss
This one-month seminar focuses on the current state of transmedia, its history, IP creation and pitching as well as exploring the components of transmedia-friendly properties.
- Evaluate varying examples of transmedia for content and form.
- Analyze how transmedia-friendly properties differ from average TV or Film properties.
- Critique and parse the unique conventions of the medium in understanding how pioneers of this movement produce content.
- Evaluate the most common media platforms upon which transmedia properties are built -- comics, games, web series.
- Implement and integrate elements unique to transmedia into writing exercises and idea creation.