MDC652 Digital Editing
Course DescriptionThis workshop covers the history, theory and practice of motion picture editing and post-production workflow. Students evaluate and apply editing techniques and theory using digital still and video cameras based on practical assignments developed by the instructor. Practical assignments will receive individual and peer critiques.
- Evaluate the aesthetic principles of motion picture editing
- Evaluate the digital editing techniques used in a variety of genre
- Critique the creative works of others using relevant critical models and professional vocabulary of the craft of film editing
- Coordinate the digital post-production workflow and the responsibilities of the editing staff involved in digital postproduction
- Generate motion picture sequences that apply a variety of editing techniques and principles using digital video editing software