JRN645 Marketing the News
The course explores the mechanisms of how newscasters achieve confidence and integrity in the public eye; the way stories are presented as 'unbiased, impartial, honest, and fair'; and what factors contribute to this implied relationship between newsperson and audience.
- Investigate how the news is disseminated through media channels and online.
- Evaluate how newscasters gain public trust and confidence through audience viewership.
- Analyze how news organizations build their brand and cultivate a loyal viewer base.
- Interpret the methodologies of anchors and reporters in developing brand loyalty and how news dissemination influences mass-media perception.
- Compare a diversity of stories and media channels and discuss the newscaster's intent and result of delivery.