FLM325 Post-production I
Course DescriptionCovers application of editorial principles used in editing nonfiction media content. Includes montage, continuity, and parallel editing, rhythm and pacing, non-linear digital media management, transcoding, and export to a variety of distribution platforms. Students edit a Production I Practicum short.
- Interpret the communication objectives for a nonfiction media program using oral and written responses.
- Apply creative processes to the editing of nonfiction media programs.
- Integrate professional editing techniques in the editing of digital image and sound media assets for nonfiction media programs using professional digital editing software.
- Integrate collaborative processes into the postproduction phases of digital media creation.
- Select the visual and sound assets appropriate to a producer's objectives for a nonfiction media program.
- Coordinate the postproduction workflow used in editing professional digital media programs from asset acquisition to a producer's screening.