Want to Start a Club?
New Club/Organization Requirements
Clubs must have:
- A minimum of five members
- Officers who have a 2.7 GPA or above
- A mission statement
- A faculty or staff advisor
- Members must have a minimum 2.0 GPA
CSEA’s Program Learning Outcomes align with NU’s institutional learning outcomes.
Membership in student organizations supports the following four PLOs
- Apply effective communication strategies for in-person and online interactions, including meetings, professional websites, and social media platforms. (ILO 2, 5)
- Synthesize connections among experiences outside of the formal classroom (including life experiences, co-curricular, and academic experiences such as internships and travel abroad) to deepen understanding of fields of study and to broaden own points of view. (ILO 1, 3)
- Evaluate and apply diverse perspectives to complex topics to demonstrate an empathetic understanding of multiple worldviews and cultures. (ILO 4)
- Utilize various leadership behaviors to support a constructive team climate, including teamwork and conflict resolution. (ILO 4, 5, 7)
Ways to demonstrate these competencies include showcasing the following artifacts on the Portfolium and LinkedIn platforms:
- Meeting agendas
- Meeting minutes
- Effective Leadership Cert. of Completion
- Mentorship artifacts
- Reflections via jotform
- Creation of websites
- Flyers and images of event participation
Questions? Please contact the Center for Student Engagement and Activities at email@example.com.