Sanford College of Education Re-entry Tuition Discount September 2022
Terms & Conditions
National University (“NU”) is proud to offer the SCOE-Re-Entry Tuition Discount. This tuition discount will award a 50% tuition reduction for up to 4 remaining courses for re-enrolling students in master’s degree programs in The Sanford College of Education (SCOE).
NU reserves the right to modify, revise, or update these Terms and Conditions from time to time, as necessary. Although NU may attempt to notify prospective and current recipients when such changes are made to these Terms and Conditions, recipients should periodically review the most up-to-date version found at https://www.nu.edu/sanford-college-of-education-re-entry-tuition-discount-september-2022/. NU may, in its sole discretion, change or discontinue this tuition discount opportunity at any time. Applicants’ submissions serve as acknowledgment and acceptance to these Terms and Conditions, including any subsequent modifications, as stated. Nothing in the Terms and Conditions shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits.
To be considered eligible for the SCOE Re-Entry Tuition Discount, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be re-enrolling into a master’s degree program in the SCOE by September 26, 2022.
- Meet all admissions requirements of National University.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in advance of submitting their application.
- Once enrolled, tuition discount recipient must not receive or be eligible to receive a total of 50% or more tuition reimbursement from any source(s) including but not limited to: corporate reimbursement, preferred tuition rate, other tuition discounts and/or private tuition discounts, except for Veteran’s Administration GI benefits, Veteran’s Administration Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits, military tuition assistance and Title IV financial aid funding (“Financial Eligibility”). Not a current NU student nor have enrolled or otherwise attempted to complete or completed any previous NU credits or programs. Recipients are subject to financial verification by NU.
ADDITIONAL TUITION DISCOUNT DETAILS AND RELEASES
- Any necessary determination, or clarification, as to the interpretation or to the application of a particular term shall be made by NU in its sole discretion. NU reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate, suspend or make any changes or modifications to these Terms and Conditions of the SCOE Re-Entry Tuition Discount, including, but not limited to, the eligibility criteria, the selection process, the deadline dates, and the award.
- NU and its employees, officers, trustees, affiliates, agents, and representatives are not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this tuition discount, including, but not limited to, errors in any printing or posting of these Terms and Conditions, the selection and announcement of any winner, or the distribution of any SCOE Re-Entry Tuition Discount. NU may correct any such errors in its sole discretion.
- NU makes no warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to the SCOE Re-Entry Tuition Discount. Acceptance, participation in and/or use of the SCOE Re-Entry Tuition Discount is at an applicant’s sole risk and NU is not responsible for any damages whatsoever including special, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with the use and/or misuse of the SCOE Re-Entry Tuition Discount.
- NU is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, or unintelligible entries, including entries not received because of interrupted or unavailable network services, failed communications networks or equipment, computer hardware or software, or other errors or malfunctions, whether human, mechanical or electronic.
- Regardless of any action taken by NU pursuant to these Terms and Conditions, nothing shall prohibit NU from seeking any other lawful remedies to which NU may be entitled in the event any representations or releases made by the Tuition Discount applicant or recipient are false.
- Award Use
- Tuition discounts that are awarded to the recipients may only be credited to their accounts and used to assist with the payment of their tuition in an eligible program and are not redeemable in cash.
- No student will receive more than one SCOE Re-Entry Tuition Discount. If a recipient fails to qualify for a consecutive SCOE Re-Entry Tuition Discount, they will no longer be eligible for the tuition discount
- No student will receive more than one offer of assistance from NU, such as other tuition discounts, grants, technology awards, or preferred tuition rates.
- Any Tuition Discount funds that are awarded may not be used for the purchase of books, any fees that may be applicable to their degree program, room and board, or outside materials (computers, internet service etc.).
- For applicants using Federal Financial Aid (FFA), the applicant understands that a tuition discount award is financial assistance and counts toward the student’s cost of attendance. As such, the amount of FFA available to the student may be impacted. The Student Financial Services team will conduct a financial review of all Tuition Discount winners and articulate any changes needed to the respective recipients.
- Any courses accepted as transfer from another school to an NU degree plan will only reduce the necessary coursework required to complete a degree at NU and will not result in any additional unused tuition discount funds.
- Courses taken under the Tuition Discount may be recorded against the student’s calendar year 1098-T.
- All existing student policies located in the NU Catalog and these Terms and Conditions must be adhered to while the recipient is a student at NU.
- For the duration of the award, students must be succeeding in their degree program. The student must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Should a Tuition Discount recipient withdraw or be dismissed from NU prior to disbursement of all Tuition Discount funds awarded to him or her, the balance of the tuition funds awarded, but not disbursed, will be terminated and will not be available to the student for future courses.
- If a Tuition Discount recipient withdraws from a course or receives a non-passing grade, the cost to retake the course later will not be discounted by the SCOE Re-Entry Tuition Discount.
- Recipients will receive the SCOE Re-Entry Tuition Discount for a maximum of four (4) courses. Courses must be in a master’s program in the SCOE and be completed within a six (6) month period to receive the Tuition Discount. Any courses remaining after six (6) months or after the four (4) discounted courses will not be eligible for tuition discount discount.
- Students must not take a break in between courses greater than 90 days.