Proudly Supporting the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office
National University, a veteran-founded nonprofit, is proud to partner with the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office, supporting public safety professionals like you who protect and serve our communities every day. To show our appreciation for the work that you do, we’re committed to providing affordable, accessible education to Washoe County Sheriff’s Office employees who want to advance their careers and reach their goals.
NU prides itself on its strict alignment with official training standards for several public safety agencies, including Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST), U.S. Marshals, Fire Department, and now, the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office.
About the Partnership
National University is offering Washoe County Sheriff’s Office employees a 25% tuition scholarship for over 70 flexible degree programs.* As a Washoe County Sheriff’s Office employee, you can earn an associate, bachelor’s, or master’s degree or certification in fields such as criminal justice, homeland security, and public administration. Plus, spouses and dependents save 25% on tuition as well.
To apply for your partnership benefits, fill out this form and send directly to your Enrollment Advisor!
Get Course Credit for Work Experience
NU also gives credit for prior career training programs, including Nevada POST Police Academy training.
Nevada POST Police Academy Training Course Credits Available:
- BS Criminal Justice Administration: 3 Course Credits
- BS Homeland Security & Emergency Management: 2 Course Credits
Contact us today to find out how your prior experience can translate into course credit!
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be San Diego’s largest private nonprofit university, founded in 1971 by retired U.S. Navy Capt. David Chigos. Our mission is to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
- Flexible four-week classes, so you can focus on one subject at a time and finish faster.
- Year-round enrollment, so you can start your education whenever your personal and work schedules allow.
- On-campus or online options that give you flexible class format options.
- A nonprofit, private university environment that is focused on helping you reach your educational goals.
- Accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
* Nursing and Radiation Therapy and Doctoral Programs excluded