National University is Proud to Partner with RSA
National University, a veteran-founded nonprofit, is proud to partner with the Riverside Sheriffs’ Association. Our goal is to provide an affordable, accessible education to public safety professionals, like you, who protect and serve our communities every day. This is available for current, retired, sworn, and professional staff, including your spouse and dependents. You are automatically qualified to take advantage of these great benefits.
Public Safety Promise and Fast Track Tuition Scholarships
To show our appreciation for what you do, NU is offering you, your spouse, and your dependents a 25% tuition scholarship through the Public Safety Promise. Plus, receive every 4th class free with the Fast Track Scholarship.* These scholarships can be applied to over 75 flexible degree programs.** Through this partnership, you can earn an associate, bachelor’s, or master’s degree.
Further Reduce Cost and Time to Graduation with Credit for Prior Training
National University also gives credit for many prior career training programs. These include POST Police Academy, California Probation, and many more. This may reduce the number of classes required to achieve your degree. Here are some examples:
California POST Police Academy Training Course Credits:
- BS Criminal Justice Administration: 31.5 Course Credits
- BS Homeland Security & Emergency Management: 22.5 Course Credits
- BS Public Administration: 22.5 Course Credits
Adult Corrections Officer Course (BSCC):
- BS Criminal Justice Administration: 13.5 Course Credits
Schedule a one-on-one meeting with an account specialist to discuss degree programs and scholarship options.
Why Choose National University?
- Adult Focused for 50 Years: National University has been dedicated to providing accessible, achievable higher education to hard-working adults since 1971.
- Flexible 4-Week Classes: Start sooner and finish faster with four-week classes, monthly start dates, and year-round enrollment.
- 75+ Degree Programs: Choose from career-focused associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs designed to help you pursue your purpose and make an impact in your community.
- Online and On-site: Study options designed to fit into your busy schedule.
- Regionally Accredited: WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) accreditation means your education meets high standards and is transferable.
- The Fast Track Scholarship: National University is offering students who successfully complete three classes the opportunity to get every fourth class free.*
- Veteran-Founded Nonprofit: National University is proud to be San Diego’s largest private nonprofit university.
About National University
National University is a San Diego-based nonprofit school founded in 1971 by retired U.S. Navy Capt. David Chigos. As the largest private nonprofit university in San Diego, our mission is to provide accessible, affordable, and achievable higher education to adult learners. A pioneer in the digital space, we’ve offered online classes for more than 20 years. Today, we offer over 75 on-campus and online programs through our unique four-week class format. Our undergraduate and graduate programs include health care, business, education, engineering, law and criminal justice, and homeland security. Classes are available in a variety of formats to fit your unique schedule.
*Student must complete four courses (18 quarter units) in a six-month period, and complete 13.5 quarter units, before Fast Track Scholarship will be applied. Scholarship will apply to the last 4.5 quarter units.
**Nursing, radiation therapy, and doctoral programs excluded.