Peace Officers Research Association of
National University Proudly Partners with PORAC
National University, a veteran-founded nonprofit, has partnered with the Peace Officers Research Association of California to provide an affordable, accessible education to public safety professionals like you who protect and serve our communities every day.
NU prides itself on its strict alignment with official training standards for several public safety agencies, including Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST), U.S. Marshals, and Fire Department.
About the Partnership
To show our appreciation for the work that you do, we’re offering you, plus your spouses and dependents, a 25% tuition scholarship for over 75 flexible degree programs.* Through this partnership, you can earn an associate, bachelor’s, or master’s degree or certification in fields such as criminal justice, homeland security, and public administration.
You can also get your fourth class free for every four classes you complete in a six-month period through our Fast-Track Scholarship**.
To apply for your Tuition Reduction Scholarship, fill out this form and email it directly to your enrollment advisor!
A Special Message to Our Law Enforcement Community
Please view this video from Chief Shelley Zimmerman (retired), San Diego Police Department, to learn more about our Public Safety Promise.
Get Course Credit for Work Experience
National University also provides credit for prior career training programs, including:
California POST Police Academy Training Course Credits:
- BS Criminal Justice Administration: 31.5 Course Credits
- BS Homeland Security & Emergency Management: 22.5 Course Credits
- BS Public Administration: 22.5 Course Credits
Fire Fighter training in the State of California with the EMT Certification:
- BS Homeland Security and Emergency Management: 6 Course Credits
U.S. Marshals Service Training Academy
- BS Criminal Justice Administration: 13.5 Course Credits
Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) Criminal Investigator
- BS Criminal Justice Administration: 18 Course Credits
Schedule a one-on-one meeting with an account specialist to discuss degree programs and scholarship options.
Why Choose National University?
Our mission is to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
- Adult Focused for 50 Years: National University has been dedicated to providing accessible, achievable higher education to hard-working adults since 1971.
- Flexible 4-Week Classes: Start sooner and finish faster with four-week classes, monthly start dates, and year-round enrollment.
- 75+ Degree Programs: Choose from career-focused associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs designed to help you pursue your purpose and make an impact in your community.
- Online and On-site: Study options designed to fit into your busy schedule.
- Regionally Accredited: WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) accreditation means your education meets high standards and is transferable.
- The Fast Track Scholarship: National University is offering students who successfully complete four classes within six months the opportunity to get their fourth class free.**
- Veteran-Founded Nonprofit: National University is proud to be San Diego’s largest private nonprofit university.
About National University
National University, a veteran-founded nonprofit, has been dedicated to meeting the needs of hard-working adults by providing accessible, affordable, achievable higher education opportunities since 1971. As San Diego’s largest private nonprofit university, NU offers over 75 online and on-site programs and flexible four-week classes designed to help students reach their goals while balancing busy lives. Since its founding, the NU community has grown to over 25,000 students and 180,000 alumni around the globe, many of whom serve in helping industries such as business, education, health care, cybersecurity, and law and criminal justice.
*Nursing and radiation therapy and doctoral programs excluded.
**Student must complete four courses (18-quarter units) in a six-month period and complete 13.5 quarter units before Fast Track Scholarship will be applied. Scholarship will apply to the last 4.5 quarter units.