National University Proudly Partners with PORAC
National University, a veteran-founded nonprofit, is proud to partner with the Peace Officers Research Association of California supporting public safety professionals like you who protect and serve our communities every day. We’re committed to providing affordable, accessible education to help you advance your career and reach your goals.
NU prides itself on its strict alignment with official training standards for several public safety agencies, including Peace Office Training Standards (POST), U.S. Marshals, and Fire Department.
About the Partnership
To show our appreciation for the work that you do, National University is offering a 25% tuition scholarship for over 75+ flexible degree programs.* Through this partnership, you can earn an associate, bachelor’s, or master’s degree or certification in fields such as criminal justice, homeland security, and public administration. Plus, your spouse and dependents save 10% on tuition as well.
Get Course Credit for Work Experience
National University also gives credit for prior career training programs, including California POST Police Academy training.
California POST Police Academy Training Course Credits Available:
- BS Criminal Justice Administration: 7 Course Credits
- BS Homeland Security & Emergency Management: 5 Course Credits
- BS Public Administration: 5 Course Credits
Fire Fighter Training in the State of California with the EMT Certification
- BS Homeland Security and Emergency Management: 6 Course Credits
U.S. Marshals Service Training Academy
- BS Criminal Justice Administration: 3 Course Credits
Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) Criminal Investigator
- BS Criminal Justice Administration: 18 Course Credits
Contact us today to find out how your prior experience can translate into course credit!
Why Choose National University?
Our mission is to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
- Flexible four-week classes, so you can focus on one subject at a time and finish faster.
- Year-round enrollment, so you can start your education whenever your personal and work schedules allow.
- On-campus, online, or hybrid options that give you flexible class format options.
- A nonprofit, private university environment that is focused on helping you reach your educational goals.
- Regionally accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
- 10th largest school of education in the country.
* Nursing and Radiation Therapy and Doctoral Programs excluded