Upskill Your Workforce: National
University’s Applied Behavioral Analysis,
Education, and Counseling Workforce Partnerships
Attract, Train, and Retain Your Employees With National University’s Workforce Partnership Benefits
Employees are constantly challenged to develop new skills in order to adapt to today’s ever-evolving workforce — which is why providing access to the necessary training and education is beneficial to both your staff and your business. Workforce Education Solutions partners with hospitals, health care systems, health networks, health care associations, and behavioral health agencies to provide outstanding learning opportunities, and we want to bring the same opportunities to you and your employees.
National University is proud to offer workforce partners in behavioral health a Tuition Reduction Scholarship for employees who are looking to expand their knowledge and skills for professional and personal growth.
Targeted Solutions to Meet Your Needs
- Tuition Reduction Scholarship
- NU makes earning a degree more affordable by providing significant tuition savings for workforce partner employees.
- Customized Cohorts
- Unique company cohort to connect employees through an online learning environment, utilize company-specific case studies, and encourage persistence.
- Targeted Solutions
- We will help you create a customized development solution that targets your current and future needs.
- Specialized Courses
- Our team will design courses that complement your business strategy and align with industry competencies.
Enhance Your Recruitment Efforts
Connect with over 30,000 adult students and over 185,000 alumni to fill your organization’s talent pipelines. Workforce partnerships offer:
- Access to top talent
- Pathway development
- Curriculum alignment to industry and company standards
Learn More About Our Behavioral Health Program Options
Master of Science in Applied Behavioral Analysis
Prepare the members of your staff to provide services to individuals, families, group homes, schools, mental health agencies, hospitals, industrial and business settings, and other agencies working with individuals who require intensive behavioral training or consultation. Once your employees complete this program, they will be eligible to sit for the Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) exam and pursue a career as a behavior analyst. The curriculum includes a 10-course sequence, eight of which are verified by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board.
- Explain Radical Behaviorism’s foundational concepts and principles from a behavior analytic approach.
- Analyze measurement, data display, and interpretation in experimental design format.
- Integrate the Code of Ethics during the behavior change process and assessment procedures.
- Integrate behavior management and performance monitoring during the behavior change process and assessment procedures.
- The application of applied behavior analysis in research and daily life.
- Conduct research using relevant design, statistical, measurements, data analysis, and program evaluation methods to improve student outcomes.
Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology (California — NU)
Help your employees prepare for a career in professional counseling with the Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology. Choose from two specializations: the standard Marriage and Family Therapist option and the Combined MFT/PCC option.
The MFT option: If you’re committed to helping individuals, couples, families, adolescents, and children in psychotherapy, this specialization is a good fit. It emphasizes marriage and family therapy and meets the academic requirements necessary to sit for the Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) License mandated by the Board of Behavioral Sciences in the state of California.
The MFT/PCC option: If you are interested in also being licensed as a Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC) in California, this option meets the academic requirements for both the LMFT and LPCC.
- Demonstrate core psychological concepts and therapeutic skills that underpin counseling, psychotherapy, and mental health counseling.
- Understand and demonstrate current professional standards of ethics, values, and laws related to the practice of professional psychotherapists.
- Demonstrate cultural competence in addressing the mental health needs of people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances, including an appreciation for the wide cultural diversity among California’s communities.
- Apply a working knowledge of a range of topics important to mental health practice including, but not limited to, psychopharmacology, addictive and compulsive disorders, structured psychological assessment, relational violence, gender and sexuality, and trauma/crisis.
- Understand norms and principles of public mental health work including, but not limited to, case management, collaborative treatment, evidence-based practice, strength-based model, resiliency, and recovery-oriented care to work with clients.
- Integrate professional development through self-reflection emphasizing personal capacities such as self-awareness, integrity, sensitivity, flexibility, insight, compassion, imagination, and personal presence.
Master of Arts in Social Emotional Learning (SEL)
The MA in SEL is designed to help you make transformational change in your school community as you promote the intersectionality of SEL both in and outside of the classroom. National University’s program is the only dedicated SEL master’s program in the country, giving you an edge in the job market. The intensive coursework in this program immerses you in every aspect of SEL, enabling you to become an expert in the field.
- Create an action research project based on SEL research, theory, and practice that will create inclusive environments for the whole child.
- Evaluate the impact of SEL competencies on student success metrics at the various developmental levels.
- Distinguish the intersectionality between SEL, equity, cognition, and cultural responsiveness in educational communities.
- Examine SEL communities, frameworks, programs, and policies.
- Develop social and emotional leadership skills to support teachers, administrators, and families in transforming school culture.
- Since 1977, National University has been accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
- Planetree Certified: building person-centered care principles into academic degree programs
How to Become a Workforce Partner?
Schedule an appointment with our Health Care Partnerships Director, Brandy Best. Contact information provided below:
Why Choose National University?
- Adult Focused for 50 Years: National University has been dedicated to providing accessible, achievable higher education to hard-working adults since 1971.
- 4-Week Courses: Start sooner and finish faster with four-week courses, monthly start dates, and year-round enrollment.
- 75+ Degree Programs: Choose from career-focused associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs designed to help you pursue your purpose and make an impact in your community.
- Online or On-site: Study options designed to fit into your busy schedule.
- Regionally Accredited: WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) accreditation means your education meets high standards and is transferable.
- Veteran-Founded Nonprofit: National University is proud to be San Diego’s largest private nonprofit university.
About National University
National University, a veteran-founded nonprofit, has been dedicated to meeting the needs of hard-working adults by providing accessible, affordable, achievable higher education opportunities since 1971. As San Diego’s largest private nonprofit university, NU offers over 75 programs and four-week courses designed to help students reach their goals while balancing busy lives. Classes are offered online or on-site at locations across California. Since its founding, the NU community has grown to over 25,000 students and 185,000 alumni around the globe, many of whom serve in helping industries such as business, education, health care, cybersecurity, and law and criminal justice.