Office Of Educational Effectiveness And Accreditation
The mission of the Office of Educational Effectiveness and Accreditation (EEA) is to lead university accreditation efforts and advance excellence in evidence-based assessment of learning. We promote innovative approaches to student learning outcomes assessment and program review that result in actionable and meaningful changes for continuous improvement. Additionally, we deliver quality professional development, resources, and consultation in support of academic and co-curricular departments to lead to superior university programs and services. This mission is accomplished by promoting quality assessment and accreditation practices that advance the university’s mission.
The following are the objectives of the Office of Educational Effectiveness and Accreditation.
- Lead university regional accreditation efforts by providing expertise in current standards and processes, fostering collaboration and engagement in accreditation processes, and promoting quality documentation.
- Partner with programs and schools and colleges on specialized accreditation and licensure efforts by serving as an internal institutional liaison, providing leadership in planning initial and reaffirmation efforts, conducting gap analyses against standards, reviewing and editing documents, and preparing and supporting site visits.
- Advocate for, communicate, and advance National University’s culture of excellence in assessment.
- Collaborate with university partners on academic, co-curricular, and institutional projects that further the assessment of student learning and success.
- Facilitate university assessment processes, including annual learning outcomes assessment and five-year program reviews, that contribute to university-wide quality and recognition.
- Provide quality professional development opportunities and consultation for faculty and staff related to:
- Learning outcomes assessment
- Program review
- Assessment planning
- Rubric development and calibration
- Strategies for collecting evidence of student learning
- Analysis and presentation of assessment data
- Utilize the university’s assessment and online survey software to create and distribute reports for data-informed decision-making.
- Make current and relevant assessment resources and research available to the university community.
- Provide consultation on research methodologies for surveys, focus groups, and interviews.