An in-depth review of video game development, with emphasis on game design theory and practice. Fundamental principles and strategies of game design transform a story or game vision into a virtual environment prototype that integrates player activity, interface, and graphics. Cover basic algorithms that control interactivity and representation while learning about the various tools available to designers, such as prototyping software and game engines.
- Describe the fundamentals of game design theory.
- Identify basic algorithms that control game interactivity and representation.
- Demonstrate design concepts and strategies to achieve the gameandapos;s objective.
- Write technical design documents that address game objective, genre, perspective, rules of play, interface, interactivity, graphics, and sound.
- Create a 3-D game prototype that demonstrates basic functionality, player activity, and the objective of a game.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Professional Studies
“Our faculty members have years of experience in their fields. That practitioner insight brings their course material to life and gives students tools and expertise they can put into practice right away.”School of Professional Studies