Dr. Veronica Ardi-Pastores
Dr. Ardi earned her PhD in Environmental Toxicology, BS in Biology, and BS in Chemistry at UC Irvine. She conducted postdoctoral research at The Scripps Research Institute (La Jolla, CA). She is trained in microbial, molecular, and cellular biology.
Dr. Ardi teaches General Biology (BIO 161), Cellular Biology (BIO 406), Microbiology (BIO 203), and Introductory Chemistry (CHE 101). As a researcher, she studies coastal water quality with emphasis on pathogen source tracking. She frequently has students joining her research projects.
|Conference||Beyond Flipping: Quality of Active Learning makes a Significant Difference in Inverted Classrooms||Guest speaker|
|Conference||Workshop title: Implementing an Inquiry-based Microbial Project with a Traditional Laboratory Manual|
|Poster||Active learning in a flipped classroom: implementation and assessment.|
|Poster||Deploying Inquiry-based Experiments in Undergraduate Laboratory Courses.|
- Ardi-Pastores, V.A., 6. E. Deryugina, E. Conn, V. Ardi, J. Partridge, T. Kupriyanova, A. Wortmann, J. Hooper, &J. Quigley. (n.d.). Functional role of cell surface CUB domain-containing protein 1 in tumor cell dissemination.. Mol Cancer Res.,
- Ardi-Pastores, V.A., Ardi, V., P.E. Van Den Steen, G. Opdenakker, B. Schweighofer, E. Deryugina, And J. Quigley.. (2009). TIMP-free proMMP-9 derived from inflammatory neutrophils catalytically triggers physiologic angiogenesis via a FGF-2-mediated pathway.. J Biol Chem.,
- Ardi-Pastores, V.A., Ardi, Veronica C., T.A. Kupriyanova, E.I. Deryugina, And J.P. Quigley.. (n.d.). Human Neutrophils Uniquely Release TIMP-Free MMP-9 to Provide a Potent catalytic Stimulator of Angiogenesis.. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences,
- Ardi-Pastores, V.A., Fu, C.H., Martin-Aragon, S., Ardi, V.C., Danenberg, P., And Avramis, V.I.. (n.d.). Reversal of cytosine arabinoside (ara-C) resistance by the synergistic combination of 6-Thioguanine plus ara-C plus PEG-asparaginase (TGAP) in human leukemia lines lacking or expressing p53 protein.. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol.,
- Ardi-Pastores, V.A., Martin-Aragon, S., Fu, C., Solorzano, M., Ardi, V., And Avramis, V.I.. (2000). Cytosine arabinoside (ara-C) resistance confers cross-resistance or collateral sensitivity to other classes of anti-leukemic drugs.. Anticancer Res.,
- Ardi-Pastores, V.A., Partridge, Madsen, Ardi , Papagiannakopoulos, Kupriyanova, Quigley, And Deryugina.. (n.d.). Functional Analysis of MMPs and TIMPs differentially expressed by Variants of Human HT-1080 Fibrosarcoma Exhibiting High and Low Levels of intravasation and metastasis.. J Biol Chem.,
- Ardi-Pastores, V.A., Ardi, Veronica And Olson, Betty H.. (n.d.). Increase Sensitivity in Detection and Quantitation of Virulence Factors of Aeromonas hydrophila and Aeromonas caviae using Quantitative PCR.. Fifth International Conference on Envir. Problems,
- Ardi-Pastores, V.A., Barral A.M., Ardi V.C., Simmons R.E.. (2018). Student Learning in an Accelerated Introductory Biology Course Is Significantly Enhanced by a Flipped-Learning Environment. CBE Life Sci Educ,