Dr. Bryan Hance
Bryan Hance is a licensed California attorney, Professor, and Academic Program Director for the Pre-Law and Paralegal Studies programs. Previously, he was an Adjunct Assistant Professor of Law at Glendale University College of Law, a partner in the law firm of Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith involved in both litigation and transactional matters, Associate General Counsel at Pepperdine University, and the Executive Director of the Center for Conflict Resolution handling mediations, arbitrations, and dispute resolution training. Professor Hance received his B.A. from UCLA, his J.D. from Pepperdine University School of Law, his LL.M. with honors from UCLA School of Law, and currently is pursuing his S.J.D. at UCLA School of Law. Professor Hance’s research interests include international law and international relations, with an emphasis on public international conflict resolution and cyber warfare. He teaches international law, torts, contracts, business law, and legal research and writing capstone courses.
Honors and Awards
- 2018, Distinguished Teaching Award
- 2013, Professoriate Award
- Hance, B. S.. (2018). International Conference on Social Science, Literature, Business and Education. The 'Law of Algorithms' in International Conflict.
- Hance, B. S.. (2013). Death of the Death Penalty? A Critical Examination of California's Capital Punishment System. JOURNAL OF LEGAL ISSUES AND CASES IN BUSINESS,
- Hanna, M., Hwang, S., Levin, E., Lo, G., Yoo, E., Zhang, X.. (2013). The Council and the Court: Improving Security Council Support of the International Criminal Court. University of California, Irvine, School of Law,
- Hance, B. S.. (2013). The Impact of Courtroom Cameras on the Judicial Process. Joint Session Chair of Law, Ethics and Governance.
- Hance, B. S.. (n.d.). The Impact of Courtroom Cameras on the Judicial Process. JOURNAL OF MEDIA CRITIQUES,
- Hance, B. S.. (n.d.). Los Angeles International Business and Social Science Research Conference, Joint Session Chair of Law, Ethics and Governance Track – The Impact of Courtroom Cameras on the Judicial Process, March 5-6, 2016.
- Hance, B. S.. (n.d.). National University Spring Symposium, Scholarly Publishing in the Social Sciences, San Diego, California, March 26-27, 2014.
- Hance, B. S.. (n.d.). National University Spring Symposium, A Life of Their Own: The Evolution of Robotic Warfare and Public International Law, San Diego, California, March 12-14, 2013.
- Hance, B. S.. (n.d.). International Conference on Social Science, Literature, Business and Education, The "Law of Algorithms" in International Conflict, paper presentation, University of California, Riverside, February 1-2, 2018.
Dr. Bryan Hance
College: College of Professional Studies
Department: Professional Studies
Academic Program Director: Bachelor of Arts Major in Pre-Law Studies
Academic Program Director: Bachelor of Science Major in Paralegal Studies
Los Angeles Campus