A survey of principles of modern software engineering; requirements analysis, development and maintenance of a software product and its supporting documents, software lifecycle and various models of development. Course also introduces students to tools and processes needed to develop a software product, system or application, in a systematic manner.
- Create software requirements specifications, and design and develop complex software systems using software engineering processes and tools
- Apply design and development tools and processes needed to construct software in a systematic manner.
- Design, model, and document software architectures including distributed and client server architectures.
- Articulate in writing architecture related concepts, alternative, and design approaches.
- Evaluate software design tools.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.