Application of methods using techniques in data mining, text mining, and predictive modeling for exploration and knowledge discovery. Design of objectives, data selection and preparation, analytic method selection such as classification and decision trees, and predictive modeling will be used for a variety of case studies and practical industry applications. Applying data mining using real world data will leverage statistical assessment and interpretation from database information.
- Evaluate principles and methodologies of data mining.
- Assess methods employing classification and decision trees, neural networks, and other regression techniques.
- Design data-driven and thought-based objectives for data mining.
- Organize data for data mining.
- Construct data-driven discovery and modeling of hidden patterns in large real-world data.
- Analyze text using text mining approaches.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.