San Diego Mesa
College Teacher Pathway
Request for Information
National University is pleased to partner with San Diego Mesa College to offer future educators a teacher pathway program. Upon completion of your associate degree in elementary teacher education (AA-T) or child and adolescent development (AS-T), you are eligible to seamlessly transfer to National University to complete your bachelor’s degree and teaching credential. Ranked #1 in teacher education in California, NU offers degrees in early childhood development with multiple subject teaching credentials, interdisciplinary studies with multiple subject teaching credentials, early childhood education, social science with single subject teaching credential, and English with single subject matter teaching credentials.
National University is proud to provide educational partnership opportunities to organizations across the country.
San Diego Mesa College
Here’s How Academic Pathways Work
- Step 1: Review your community college’s degree offerings.
- Step 2: Complete general education certification (California – either IGETC or CSU breadth) and recommended education curriculum at your community college.
- Step 3: Apply to NU, then submit your transcripts.
Why Choose National University?
- Adult Focused for 50 Years: National University has been dedicated to providing accessible, achievable higher education to hard-working adults since 1971.
- Flexible 4-Week Courses: Start sooner and finish faster with four-week courses, monthly start dates, and year-round enrollment.
- 190+ Degree Programs: Choose from career-focused associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs designed to help you pursue your purpose and make an impact in your community.
- Online and On-site: Study options designed to fit into your busy schedule.
- Regionally Accredited: WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) accreditation means your education meets high standards and is transferable.
- Veteran-Founded Nonprofit: National University is proud to be San Diego’s largest private nonprofit university.
About National University?
National University, a Veteran-founded nonprofit, has been dedicated to meeting the needs of hard-working adults by providing accessible, affordable, achievable higher education opportunities since 1971. As San Diego’s largest private nonprofit university, NU offers over 190+ online and on-site programs and flexible four-week courses designed to help students reach their goals while balancing busy lives. Since its founding, the NU community has grown to over 25,000 students and 230,000 alumni around the globe, many of whom serve in helping industries such as business, education, health care, cybersecurity, and law and criminal justice.