Physics for Non-Sci Majors II
Non-calculus based general physics course for non-science majors Study of electric current and resistance, magnetism, electromagnetic induction, optics, relativity, quantum physics, quantum mechanics and atomic physics, and nuclear physics.
- Identify and define physical quantities.
- Apply laws of electricity and magnetism to explain electromagnetic phenomena and their importance in human life.
- Apply the principles and laws of geometric and wave optics to explain physical phenomena and solve problems.
- Define basic principles of relativity and their impact on major laws of physics.
- Describe the major principles of quantum physics, nuclear physics, radioactivity and physics of elementary particles.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences