Non-calculus based general physics course for earth and life science majors. Study of force, laws of motion, hear, fluid mechanics, electricity, magnetism, light (optics) and modern physics.
- Identify and define physical quantities.
- Understand major laws of Physics.
- Apply the laws of mechanics, hydrostatics, kinetic theory of gases, heat and work, electromagnetism, oscillatory motion and waves, electricity and magnetism, and optics for explaining physical phenomena and solving problems.
- Trace the contributions of scientists to the development of laws governing physical phenomena and the concepts/theories which integrate them.
- Gain new knowledge and insight into everyday phenomena based on fundamental physical principles.
- Develop critical analytical skills to evaluate physical phenomena and their effects by developing clarity in definition, consistency in logic and the search for adequacy of evidence.
- Develop a clear understanding of scientific method and its application to the fundamental principles governing physical universe.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences