Survey of Physical Science
An introduction to the basic principles and general concepts of the physical sciences. Develops selected topics from chemistry and physics. A general education course for non-technical majors.
- Describe the foundations of science and contributions of ancient civilizations.
- Use different unit systems and make conversions.
- Use mathematical symbols and understand their physical meaning.
- Describe Physical world using laws of physics.
- Solve physics and chemistry problems using mathematical skills.
- Plan and conduct a scientific investigation, which includes: make quantitative observations, record and analyze data, write a report.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences