Topics from Geometry
A survey of main concepts of Euclidean geometry with the emphasis on the axiomatic approach, constructions, logic of proof, and some ideas from non-Euclidean geometry including historical aspects. A study of axioms of Euclidean Geometry, inference rule, some basic theorems of Euclidean Geometry, and rigorous proofs will be offered.
- Exhibit problem solving strategies and critical thinking skills.
- Perform geometric constructions using a straight-edge and compass.
- Apply algebraic skills to geometric problems.
- Solve mathematical and logical problems which require geometric skills.
- Prove geometric theorems using both direct and indirect proof structures.
- Demonstrate knowledge of isometries in two- and three-dimensional space (e.g., rotation, translation, reflection), including their basic properties in relation to congruence
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a Veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 230,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences