Introductory Chemistry Lab
This laboratory course will complement the student’s knowledge of chemistry with demonstrations and experiments. Contact hours for this laboratory course (45) are based on a 3:1 ratio, i.e. 3 lab hours = 1 lecture hour equivalent.
- Properly record observations.
- Use scientific scales and volumetric glassware.
- Determine density of objects using the Archimedes method.
- Separate compounds using simple distillation and chromatography techniques.
- Perform simple acid/base titration.
- Use a calorimeter to measure heat produced by reactions.
- Predict precipitation reactions using solubility rules.
- Learn about the activity series of metals.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences