An introduction to cellular biology, including fundamentals of cell structure and function, inter- and intracellular communication through signaling and signal transduction, cell growth and energy generation through aerobic respiration and photosynthesis.
- Describe the structure and function of cell components and major organelles including the cell plasma membrane.
- Discuss the use of chemical energy in cellular activity, including photosynthesis and aerobic respiration.
- Describe the function and structure of the cytoplasmic membrane system, and trafficking through it.
- Describe the communication between cells including signal transduction and cell signaling.
- Explain the principles of cancer formation, mitosis and cell cycle regulation.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences