Radiation Oncology Quality Improvement
Content is designed to focus on the components of quality improvement programs in radiation oncology. Includes quality control and assurance checks for clinical aspects of patient care, medical records, treatment delivery and localization and treatment planning equipment. Legal and regulatory implications for maintaining appropriate quality care will be covered.
- Discuss components of a quality management program.
- Discuss the purpose, function and members’ role on a QM team.
- Explain federal, state and institutional accreditation standards and reporting regulations for QM.
- Examine outcomes of QM in radiation oncology.
- Describe the procedures and frequency for manual and electronic treatment documentation.
- Discuss the quality of indicators to evaluate patient care areas.
- Evaluate how outcomes of QA and QM procedures impact patient care, education and research.
- Perform QA labs on assigned linear accelerator and treatment room, film processor and hot lab in simulation lab.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.