Explores the immune system structure and function in health and disease. Topics include hypersensitivity, autoimmunity, immunodeficiency, transplant and tumor immunology, flow cytometry and other immunological techniques.
- Compare and contrast innate vs adaptive immunity.
- Distinguish the five main immunoglobulins, including their structure, occurrence and properties.
- Compare and contrast the immunological techniques used in the detection of bacterial, viral, fungal and parasitic infections.
- Describe the basic principles of flow cytometry and its clinical applications.
- Describe the techniques used in histocompatability and their applications.
Recommended: Prior completion of
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.