Engineering Mgmt Concepts
Designed to equip the students with all skills and management related topics covered in a graduate course in engineering management including portable management skills, management concepts, quality, product development, human resource management, communication, critical path networks and management of supply system and inventory control.
- Define the basic management functions. To have a significant understanding of the functions of technology management.
- Describe how basic management concepts are applied in a technology environment encountered in modern workplace. To develop an appreciation for the different technology management roles throughout the product life cycle.
- Apply these management principles to a company and to your work. To understand some of the fundamentals of managing technology projects.
- Manage human resources and communication.
A continuation of EGR 496A. In this second part of the Engineering Senior Project, students continue the project; prepare an interim project paper and present project results and plans.
- Collaborate with team members and finalize project development.
- Prepare final project paper.
- Understand the principal contract administration responsibilities of the resident engineer and project manager.
- Demonstrate knowledge of change orders and disputes.
- Understand how project fits into overall Capital Improvement Program.
- Give executive presentation to faculty and expert judging panel.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.