Senior Capstone Project I
A culminating experience for BSMDE majors involving a substantive project that demonstrates a synthesis of learning accumulated in program studies. This is the first part of a two-part Engineering Senior Project sequence. Students will be working in teams of 204 students and doing research leading to preliminary development of the final project product.
- Collaborate with team members and finalize project development.
- Prepare final project paper.
- Understand the principal contract administration responsibilities of the resident engineer and project manager.
- Demonstrate knowledge of change orders and disputes.
- Understand how project fits into overall Capital Improvement Program
- Give executive presentation to faculty and expert judging panel.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.