Mech and Electrical Systems
The impact of M/E systems on the design and construction process including energy considerations. Fundamentals of HVAC, plumbing, fire protection, electrical distribution, lighting, information systems, and vibrations in the building system.
- Understand the impact of mechanical and electrical systems in buildings.
- Demonstrate knowledge of HVAC fundamentals and refrigeration cycles.
- Contrast piping systems for heating, cooling, fire protection, water supply and sanitation.
- Explain basic concepts in electrical distribution and lighting systems.
- Identify and evaluate noise, vibration and acoustics in buildings.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.