NW Switching and Mgmt
This course provides a comprehensive, theoretical, and practical approach to learning the technologies and protocols needed to design and implement a converged switched network. The first part of this course explains how to configure a switch for basic functionality, how to implement virtual LANs, and VLAN Trunking Protocol (VTP). In the second part, students learn about the different implementations of Spanning Tree Protocol in a converged network, inter-VLAN routing, and the skills necessary to implement a wireless LAN (WLAN) in a small-to-medium network.
- Demonstrate knowledge of distributed enterprise systems and their impact on the Information Technology industry.
- Verify initial switch configuration tasks, including remote access management.
- Describe enhanced switching technologies such as VLANs, and VLAN Trunking Protocol (VTP), and 802.1q.andlt;strongandgt;andlt;/strongandgt;
- Assess the elements of the Network Development life cycle.
- Describe enhanced switching technologies such as Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP), and Per VLAN Spanning Tree Protocol (PVSTP).
- Analyze the purpose of the components in a small wireless network, such as Service Set Identification (SSID), Basic Service Set (BSS), and Extended Service Set (ESS)
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.