Advanced DB Admin and Mgmt
This course reviews the foundations of database technology supporting enterprise computing. Concepts of database management and modeling, advanced problems in query formulation, normalization, and customization of database applications are covered. Students will learn the role of database specialists associated with database administration. This course also provides a firm foundation in basic administrative tasks. Students will gain the necessary knowledge and skills to set up, maintain and troubleshoot DBMS. Vocabulary, architectures and design issues of database technology are described. Topics include data warehouse, parallel and distributed database, object database management system, and Big Data.
- Configure database environments.
- Evaluate options for creating constraints, views, and other specialized objects.
- Analyze advanced query formulation, stored procedures and triggers.
- Evaluate privileges for different user groups.
- Analyze the use of different types of indexes.
- Demonstrate the understanding of data warehouse, parallel database, distributed database, object database management system, and Big Data.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a Veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 220,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.