Wireless NW Security Mgmt
This course covers the concepts of wireless network administration and security. 802.11 standard wireless solutions are covered including: fundamentals of 802.11 WLANs; radio frequency fundamentals; antennas, RF math and system operating margin, RF power output regulations, wireless LAN operation, 802.11 analyses and troubleshooting, and site surveying. Concepts of wireless network security are covered including techniques to defend against hacking techniques, and implementation of wireless security solutions. This course also covers the managerial aspects of information security. This includes the planning and implementation of security policies. The two parts combined help students understand the technologies used, planning, implementing, and administration of a secure information systems. Cryptography is discussed to provide privacy and secrecy.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Wireless Network (WLAN) systems and technologies and their impact on the information technology industry.
- Demonstrate understanding of methods of wireless network vulnerabilities and attacks.
- Analyze cryptography components, algorithms, mechanisms, and applications.
- Evaluate Kerberos and RADIUS authentication.
- Evaluate encryption types used with Wireless.
- Describe the functions of Wireless Gateways and VLAN’s.
- Demonstrate understanding of tools to manage data security and integrity issues.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.