LAN and WAN Management
This course is designed to cover network architectures, technologies, protocols, interconnection of networks using bridges and routers, and network links using cable modems. It covers the implementation of Local Area Network (LAN) solutions and the Wide Area Network (WAN) hardware and software for client server architecture technology. This course focuses on the installation, security, and management of the LAN and the WAN and their connectivity to other systems and networks. The emphasis of this course is on hands-on configuration and implementation of the network.
- Evaluate network devices, their functions, and their operations.
- Evaluate the elements of the Network Development Life Cycle.
- Compare Local Area Network interface devices, cabling requirements, and installation procedures of computer networks.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the technical and business characteristics of Wide Area Networks.
- Demonstrate the impact of distributed enterprise systems on the Information Technology industry.
- Evaluate the components of Network management systems, standards, and protocols.andlt;br type=andquot;_mozandquot; /andgt;
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.